Friday 1 November 2013

You Cut Me Open






































 
I just wanted to get these pictures up before Halloween completely passes me by - I figured some people are still having Halloween parties over the next few days, so these could be useful inspiration. The look is based on plastic surgery gone wrong - I mad the face unnaturally shaped and contoured, added surgery lines and blood, and voila!







































The makeup was really simple and only took about twenty minutes to plan and do. I used red, brown and purple shades from the Sleek Ultra Matte Palette to contour and draw on some massive lips, then added gloss to the lips and high points of the face, then some surgery lines and gore. My natural dark brown lashes and brows didn't quite fit in, so I whited them out with a bit of concealer. Chuck a white cloth around the head, and that's it!
 
I didn't actually wear this makeup yesterday - I didn't have a costume as I wasn't doing anything especially halloweeny - but I can never resist having a bit of fun with makeup and my camera. I will be posting what I actually did on Halloween tomorrow or the day after.
Cheers,
xx

4 comments:

  1. wow this looks truly gorry!

    check out my blogsale if you like =) http://tzeyien89.blogspot.co.uk/p/blogsale.html xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did go a bit OTT with the gore, but its fun, right? Your blog sale looks awesome, so many pretty lashes! Sadly I'm saving my money for a rainy day, but I checked out the rest of your blog and it's super cool xx

      Delete
  2. this is absolutely incredible!! http://britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I always tend to get a bit carried away around Halloween, but I'm glad you like it xx

      Delete