Saturday 16 November 2013

Took me to the Lion's den

Over the last couple weeks, I've spent far too much time stressing about A-level choices and not nearly enough time blogging, but I'm getting straight back on the wagon with some photos I took at the zoo last week. Below are my four favourites out of the hundreds  I took...
 



 
... and I'm really quite proud of them! Just pop me a comment if you'd like to borrow them for any reason.
 
The photos are for my current art project, which is roughly based around animals in fairy tales. It turns out that was a fantastic choice of subject, because there are tons of interesting things to draw and photograph! Lions, bears, wolves, fairies, princesses... the list goes on!


Rollneck and T-shirt: vintage
Dungarees: Topshop
The face I'm pulling: Hell







 
I was inspired to do some mega-layering on seeing this post by Maya of Teen Witch, who is always fabulous and 90s looking and who I plan on marrying (she doesn't know this yet). I've also been into wearing lots of black, and fierce silver jewellery.

Unfortunately I've had trouble focusing and being motivated recently, so I don't have anything much creative to show off, but I might post some poems in a bit. For now, you'll have to make do with a measly song recommendation:

'Lion's Den' by Dry The River

Which I have been in love with for a long, long  time. In fact, this band is just perfect and wonderful all round.

Right, I'm out. Time for art coursework and a sleepover. Have a lovely week, lads.
xx

12 comments:

  1. Wow those dungarees are amazing!

    www.lexilikes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your chosen theme, it sounds fantastic
    Your photographs are great as is your outfit (especially the layering)
    And that song is very very nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm assuming that means you like, so thank you! Your blog is amazing so it's lovely to hear from you! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm afraid I don't do Facebook and Bloglovin, but we can follow each other on Blogspot? Lots of love!
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pic and outfit!!!

    theforestfairy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dont think I have ever been that close to a tiger...not even in a zoo! haha must have been pretty crazy...by the way..love your green jumper in the post below!

    http://seriouslywak.blogspot.co.uk

    http://seriouslywak.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That jumper is probably one of my favourite things I own! And you're right, it felt like there was hardly anything between me and 'Hari' (the tiger), it was insane. Love your blog by the way xxx

      Delete