Wednesday 27 November 2013

Topshop // Meadham Kirchhoff

I've been wanting to write more about things other than my personal life and fashion - I'm sure hearing what I get up to isn't interesting for everyone - but I rarely see something in the fashion world that is both accessible and exciting to me. However, all that ended last Thursday when the Meadham Kirchhoff for Topshop collection landed!

The whole frilly, furry, crazily colourful Kirchhoff vibe fits right in with my current aesthetic, and it's not often that their amazing pieces are available to the less privileged of the fashion world. While some of the clothes are certainly out of my budget - with one fur stole reaching an eye-watering £250 - others would be perfectly reasonable investment buys for the regular Topshop customer, such as a slip skirt for £25 or an eyeball tee for £30.

The collection is divided into three subsets: Cherry Blossom (a girly pink pastel dream), Cherry Cherie (a more reserved navy blue collection), Cherry Pikka (fun and filled with patterns), and Cherry Satanika (a shouty, rebellious look). Browsing through the clothes, I didn't pay much attention to the four Cherries, and I think the collection works quite well as a whole - you can definitely pick and choose from all four looks. Most of the clothes have a teenager-y feel, what with all the fun clashes, and there's a ton of witchy imagery, and awesome prints. It's all very  Rookie, which makes sense when you consider the connections between Meadham Kirchhoff and the mag. My favourite pieces include:



















These brogues - I really like the fancy ankle strap, and this recurring bejewelled pentagram.
















This pretty pastel headband, featuring the same pentagram adornments, which would go perfectly with massive hair.





















 
This simple (but special) navy swing jacket. 
 
I also adore the pastel pvc pieces - I've never really got into plastic fashion, not due to lack of love for the trend, but because I've only just started wearing some of the more kooky stuff that I admire. If I had money to spare, the skirt below would be on my wishlist for sure - blue fur? How could I not adore it? I would probably pair the skirt with a pastel turtleneck, matching sheer socks, and some chunky-cute shoes from the collection. Some might think of a matching furry jacket as overkill, but you shouldn't pay any attention to that - Topshop, again, has just the thing.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And, finally, the reason this post is about a week late: illustration! Below are the coolest sisters you'll ever see, wearing clothes from the collection. I get the feeling these chicks might return for future posts - we'll see...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
If you love the collection as much as I do, be sure to grab your favourite pieces quickly - I already missed spotting some of the pieces before they sold out, and the rest are disappearing pretty fast too.
 
That's all for now, see you soon!
xx
 

4 comments:

  1. Those brogues and the headband *swoons*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sum up the collection wonderfully. It is all marvellous! xoxo

    http://prettypassionsfinefashions.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete