Wednesday 26 February 2014

LFW S/S 14

The universe seems to have conspired against this post ever making it online - my computer's been down, my internet's been down, my life's been down (and up and down and up and down) but I've made it! Though I love blogging, it's a mighty struggle against the side of me that would rather paint and read in bed all day than even look at a keyboard.

     <my current soundtrack, ft. emotional and abstract tunes>

In between painting my room and throwing pity parties about how much revision I haven't done, I managed to make it out to fashion week this half term - by which I mean that I literally popped out for a couple hours in between coats of white Dulux. Me and a very co-operative friend, being LFW virgins, had no clue how one would end up in an actual fashion show, so we took a few strolls around the (free) courtyard at Somerset House and soaked in the *fashion vibes*. Despite my collapsing, 4-year-old bridge camera and utter lack of street style knowhow, I got a few decent snaps:

 
So witchy. So bizarre. Are those clouds on her coat? Maybe I'll never know. Maybe I love it anyway.

 
Booty indeed. Sportswear is something I haven't really found a way to interpret yet, but this get-up is downright inspirational.

 
This babe isn't just being a fashion icon - she's wearing one on her arm. Conversation-topic bags are popping up all over the place at the moment. The nearly-all-black and alien hair are also to my liking.

 
Here's wishing I knew boys as sharp as this dude; mixing tartan, logos, and excellent facial hairwas a top choice.

 
Long coats were everywhere, and this outfit proves that they make literally anything look elegant and eye-catching. Yes, dungarees are still fashionable (along with other 70s styles) but we seem to be moving more towards a grown up cut and polished materials.

 
This guy is just too cute. Mandal alert! And, bonus, they're merman-dals. I'm guessing his toes were pretty chilly, but he rocks all blue, a favourite for spring 2014.

 
Talk about statement. Tomato shades are looking red-hot right now (snicker).

 
Another long coat, plus checks for extra fashun.

 
Even more long coats. I mainly wanted to photograph these two because the one on the left had hair like Disney's sleeping beauty. Sooooo pretty.
 
I didn't manage to get a picture of my own outfit, but I was wearing this gosling green fluffy jumper, a tea-length green kilted skirt, my favourite clompy platform loafers, and...
 
Green Lipstick. Green. Lipstick. Personally, I thought it was a tasteful shade of metallic forest green, but lots of people have a hard time believing that leaf-lips can ever be tasteful. I certainly garnered a few stares walking around Covent Garden. I've grown a thick skin from years of strutting my stuff in weirdo clothes, so I was more entertained than offended. In any case, nobody batted an eyelid at Somerset House, where weirdo was positively banal. The couple photos I took of the lips ended up as this fine piece of photoshop screwing:
 
And that's it! This may have been rushed through in the late evening, and I may hate it by tomorrow, but at least you all know I'm alive and kicking. My aim is to cover some LFW highlights at the weekend, late in the game as it is, but knowing me... don't wait up for it, is all.
 
xx
 

4 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of all you London bloggers...i live in chicago, with no big fashion week :PPPPPP Someday I will make it to NYFW though! arrrggghhh
    http://criticallycouture.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah these pictures are awesome! in love with the first outfit xx
    The Frill Seeker

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh there are some amazing outfits here, you managed to take some great shots! Looks like you had a blast xxx

    stylesequinsandstripytights.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete