Sunday 11 May 2014

I Am Officially Announcing The Hiatus Once It Is Already In Full Swing

I've realised that not posting in three months probably counts as an official hiatus from the blogging world. And that I probably should have mentioned this earlier on in said three month period. Well, better late than never, I always say!

The reason I stopped using this blog a wee while ago is - and I'm very sorry to break it to you all - it is no longer the favourite child. I have a new blog that is prettier and more profesh and generally better to look at - BUT, before anybody panics that everything is changing and nothing will ever be the same again, I do plan to return here in the not-too-distant future. But, before I get to that, I'll explain why I added another blog to my register when I'm barely capable of keeping one on its feet...

Ever since I started this here blog, I've felt somewhat dissatisfied with it, and I'm pretty sure that's because I had no bloody clue what I was posting. Some days you folks would get 'Cheerful-and-polite-fashion-blogger-with-a-penchant-for-stealing-phrases-from-The-Sunday-Times' and the rest of the time it would be 'Contemplative-and-emotional-teenage-artist'. It was confusing, and made me feel a little like one of those film characters who pulls off a gross rubbery mask to reveal that *shocker* they are the villain after all! What I'm trying to say is, I was not comfortable with blogging like that. So I split the blog in the hopes that I'd have more of an idea of how to style my posts, and possibly gain some new followers with my ~fabby new cohesive content~.

The new blog is www.hellopookie.blogspot.com, and it's where I'll be moving all my attempts at professional-style fashion and music blogging. OOTDs, collection reviews, music recommendations and a bunch of other stuff will be appearing there shortly. You may notice, on clicking the link, that there are only two posts from quite a while ago - this is because I took a break to work on blog design, but now that it's all looking pretty, I'll be resuming regular posting.

Remaining on this blog will be posts about my life, my art, my writing, and various other stuff. It'll be more personal, like having a friendly chat, or reading a journal entry.

So, to sum up: I haven't been blogging much recently. I'll be starting up again a.s.a.p. on both this blog and my new, professional-er one. Follow this, Rollerskag, for more of the same updates on my life and thoughts etc. Follow Pookie, the new blog, for more formal fashion and music blogging.

That's all! Stay cute xx

No comments:

Post a Comment