Monday 9 December 2013

Waiting for the fires you light

I'm meant to be revising for *groan* very very important exams, so here's a quick art post for you. The photos below are from my new art journal - I have several journals: one for just original art, one for thoughts and doodles, one for poems, etc. You might wonder why I chose to use a lined notebook for my arty stuff, but I somehow like the look of it better. There are also a couple lines/poems from my own head, and some from songs I like.
 










 
If you have any questions about journaling or any particular pieces, feel free to ask in the comments or by email. You can also see these all on my tumblr. My journals offer real comfort and therapy for me, and I would really recommend anybody reading this to start one. I'm always pushed for time, but even a few minutes furiously sketching, or scribbling, or blobbing paint around makes me feel 100x better. And, one final note - your journal doesn't have to be amazing all the time! Sometimes you'll feel creative and inspired, and sometimes you'll feel like an artless potato, but you can always create something. That something is never worthless.
 
I hope that was somehow interesting or inspiring, and good luck with everything you're doing this week. I will sure need some of my own...
xxx

4 comments:

  1. These are beautiful and so inspiring. I keep journals but they're not nearly as creative as this! I mostly do collages, write song lyrics in felt tip and write ~angsty entries and shitty poetry. What kind of paints did you use for these? xoxo

    http://prettypassionsfinefashions.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha this is my 'nice' journal so I'm more choosy about what I put in there, but some of my others are full of angsty rants and poems and random stuff. Hey, it's all art! I used rubbishy whsmith watercolours for the first one, 'you bitch', 'you're okay', and the last one. The really shiny one was metallic acrylics, and the conical flask was the same acrylics in a wash, layered alternately with pencil... Gosh, that sounds more complicated than it is! Xxx

      Delete