Saturday 21 December 2013

All Of The Bells

Only four more days until Christmas...
I'm not particularly excited - as I've mentioned before, I'm not really a Christmas person - but I won't pretend that I don't enjoy giving and receiving gifts every year. With less than a week to go, most people are already done and dusted with the present buying, but in case I'm not the only disorganised one, here is a list of gift ideas. These are all things on my list, as the presents I'm giving are mostly personal and won't suit everyone, but I'm sure lots of other people would love receiving these! And, if in five days you are at a loss for ways to spend your Christmas money, check back for a few ideas.

Konstruktor Camera
 
I'm just getting into analogue photography and this seems like such a cool idea: you build a camera yourself and use it afterwards! It's almost two gifts in one.
 
 
 
I'm not obsessed with Alexa, but everyone's been talking about this book recently, and I'm pretty curious. Is it as vapid as the Amazon reviews suggest? It it funny and down-to-earth as described by some of my favourite blogs? Who knows. Well, maybe I will soon...
 
 
This, on the other hand, is a book I don't need to wonder about. Rookie is majorly inspiring to me, and it's a treat to binge-read all the articles every weekend, so this would be the perfect present!
 
Dazed and Confused Magazine Subscription
 
This is one of the few magazines I actually enjoy reading, due to the more unusual content, and features of awesome personalities like Eleanor Hardwick, or King Krule. The music recommendations are spot on, and the editorials breathtaking. If you can't get a subscription, however, Dazed Digital is the next best thing - and it's free!
 
Music
 
I think an album is a wonderful gift, because you can listen to it and treasure it forever. My picks are 'That Iron Taste' and 'Sugar Blind' by Marika Hackman, 'Country Mile' by Johnny Flynn, 'Better Man Than He' and 'Bodies' by Sivu, and 'Loveblood' by King Charles. If these don't tickle your fancy, some beauties that I already own are 'Shallow Bed' by Dry The River and 'Exile' by Hurts.
 
 
Finally, if you're looking for clothes to gift, I would wholeheartedly recommend Asos Marketplace. You get a lot of bang for your buck in the vintage section, and you can find some amazing unique pieces for a little more money. My favourite boutique is Isolated Heroes for quirky fur, print and colour, while Fashiondacci has tons of fun conversation pieces.
 
Bonus: The Only Christmas Song Amelia Can Stand.
 
 
I put up with the scores of snow and bells and festivity in this song for the slightly bleak message and surreal music video. Also, lots of footage of Theo Hutchcraft's lovely face. Right, that's all the Christmas I can take... time for a rest methinks...
 
See you on the other side (of Christmas)
xxx


9 comments:

  1. lovelyy! shall we follow by facebook and bloglovin?
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I already follow you ;) My bloglovin link is at the top of the page!
      xxx

      Delete
  2. this list is perf <3

    cultkid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've just followed you - your blog is rad - so thanks for giving the link too!
      xxx

      Delete
  3. Aw, I would love to, but I don't have instagram! Thanks anyway xx

    ReplyDelete